You can request files from people outside of the project. This is useful if you employ a vendor and need to get files from them but don't want to grant them access to the project.
To create a file request, perform the following steps:
- Go to the Share page from the navigation bar at the top of every page.
- Click New File Request.
- Enter a descriptive name for the link. This name will not be shown to the recipient. The easiest thing to do is to call it the name of the user you are sending it to or the files you are requesting.
- List what you are requesting from the user. This will be shown to them.
- Select where the files should be uploaded to.
- Choose a password, maximum number of uploaded files and a date on which the link expires, if needed. We would recommend enabling all of these for security reasons.
- Click Create.
You will then be shown a page with the URL of the link which you can copy into an email. You can also use the form at the bottom of the page to have Kollaborate email them automatically.
If Kollaborate emails the link automatically, uploads will be tagged with the recipient's email address, otherwise they will be tagged with the uploader's IP address.
The recipient will be presented with an upload page where they can drag in files. They cannot view the files after upload nor access any other part of your project. Uploads will be tagged with the name they entered earlier.