< Back to Help index
You can override permissions for a file by right-clicking it and choosing Edit Metadata. You can select multiple files to change all of their permissions at once.
Setting custom permissions
- On the Edit Metadata page click Add under the Custom Permissions section.
- Choose a person or department and select either Allow or Deny.
- Repeat for as many departments or users that you wish to grant/revoke access.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page.
Custom permission examples
- Everyone = Deny - Only admins can view the file
- Everyone = Deny, Joe Bloggs = Allow - Only admins and the non-admin Joe Bloggs can view the file
- Everyone = Allow, Joe Bloggs = Deny - Everyone can view the file except for Joe Bloggs
- Department X = Deny - The file keeps its default permissions but now any non-admins in Department X can no longer view it
- Granting access to a specific user will have no effect if the user cannot access the department the file is located in.
- Granting access to a specific user will have no effect if their user permissions prevent them from viewing files.