BY CLICKING I AGREE OR DOWNLOADING, OR OTHERWISE USING THE SOFTWARE OR SERVICES, YOU CONSENT TO ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET OUT IN THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ANY OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, IMMEDIATELY STOP USING THE SERVICES AND / OR SOFTWARE, RETURN, DELETE OR DESTROY ANY AND ALL COPIES OF THE SOFTWARE YOU MAY HAVE.
Digital Rebellion may modify the terms of this Agreement from time to time and shall post the most up to date version of this Agreement at www.kollaborate.tv. It is your responsibility to check and stay informed of any changes. Your continued use of the Services following modification to the Services or this Agreement constitutes your consent to be bound by the modified Agreement.
"Account" means a user account created and maintained by the subscriber in order to access the Services.
"Device" means any servers, workstations, computers or mobile devices upon which or through which the Services are used and / or installed.
"Digital Rebellion" means Digital Rebellion, LLC, a California limited liability company.
"Infrastructure" means the technical systems, hardware and all connected devices of Digital Rebellion or its third party suppliers.
"Virus or Malware" means programming or software code designed to damage, destroy or otherwise interfere with programs, software, and/or devices, not limited to: Trojans; worms, and / or corrupted files.
"Services" means the Kollaborate services and components thereof, the Software, any documentation both on and offline, as well as any modifications, derivatives, updates or upgrades as may be offered by Digital Rebellion from time to time, and which are subscribed to by the Subscriber via a Subscription. A Subscriber may choose to subscribe to one or more Services under his or her Subscription as may be offered by Digital Rebellion from time to time.
"Software" means any downloadable client software which is provided for the purpose of accessing the Services.
"Subscriber" means an individual or entity (including that entities parent or affiliated companies) to which Services are provided by and as agreed to by Digital Rebellion.
"Subscription" means the non-exclusive, non transferable right to use the Services, as ordered by Subscriber, subject to the terms of this Agreement and the full and timely payment of the Subscription Fees.
"Subscription Fees" means the fees payable in respect to the usage of a Subscriber's account.
2. SUBSCRIPTION. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Subscriber may use the Services only in accordance with any written communication by Digital Rebellion to Subscriber, including any then-current product documentation as posted on www.kollaborate.tv from time to time. Digital Rebellion shall make commercially reasonable efforts to provide the Services to Subscriber. This Agreement applies to the Subscriber that uses the Services or that installs, otherwise uses or permits the installation of the Software on one or more Devices as owned, operated or overseen by them to facilitate the provision of monitoring, reporting, or any other services provided to Subscriber by Digital Rebellion. Throughout the Subscription Period, unless terminated in accordance with the terms herein, Digital Rebellion grants Subscriber the following rights only if Subscriber complies with all of the terms of this Agreement.
The Subscription begins at the time the Subscriber's Subscription is activated by Digital Rebellion (other than on a trial basis) and thereafter continues in effect until the date of termination as set forth hereinafter. A Subscription may terminate in whole or in part, due to (i) Subscriber's cancellation, or breach of any of terms of this Agreement including non-payment of any Fees when due; or (ii) upon expiration of the respective Service term subscribed to by Subscriber and non-renewal of such Service. In the case of early termination of the Subscription, Digital Rebellion will maintain access to the Services until the expiration date, after which the Subscription will expire. As of the effective date of cancellation or termination and the expiration of a period of 14 days thereafter, Subscriber shall no longer be able and shall have no further right to access or use the particular Services which have been cancelled or terminated. All licenses granted hereunder shall be term licenses for the term set forth in the relevant Service Order.
3. GRANT OF RIGHT OF USE. The Software is licensed and not sold. During a Subscription Period and subject to the due payment by Subscriber and receipt by Digital Rebellion of all due and payable Subscription Fees, Digital Rebellion grants Subscriber a revocable, limited, non-transferable, non-exclusive license to access the Kollaborate Services and use the Software pursuant to the terms of this Agreement. Subscriber may install multiple copies of the Software on different Devices for the sole purpose of (i) installing them on Devices to be monitored in the course of the provision of the Services and (ii) in accordance with a Subscriber's Permitted Usage. This Agreement covers any updates, new releases or enhancement(s) of the Services and / or Software, which Digital Rebellion may make available to Subscriber from time to time.
Subscriber acknowledges and agrees that it is responsible for providing the following: (i) all equipment, such as a computer and modem, necessary to access the Internet; (ii) its own access to the Internet; and (iii) payment of all telephone or other fees associated with such access.
Subscriber is solely responsible for access to, content in or sharing and use of its Account. Digital Rebellion shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from any access to, or sharing and use of Subscribers Account. In the event that Subscriber believes or suspects there has been any unauthorized access to the Account, Subscriber must notify Digital Rebellion immediately.
5. CONTENT OF DATA. Subscriber must comply at all times with any and all applicable local, state, federal international laws and treaties laws.
Subscriber warrants that it has obtained sufficient consent and rights (i) to access any third party's or End Users systems or networks, and (ii) access, use and store all data and files on the Infrastructure or otherwise use via the Services such data and information. Digital Rebellion reserves the right, with or without notice to you, to remove any data and files from its Infrastructure that Digital Rebellion in its sole discretion believes or suspects is: (a) Virus or Malware; (b) is illegal, libelous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene; (c) is used for the purpose of spamming, chain letters or the use or dissemination of objectionable material of any kind or nature(c) is used in such a manner as to cause offense, defame or harass; or (d) infringes the intellectual property rights or any other rights of any third party.
Digital Rebellion collects, processes and uses your data for the implementation and processing of the contractual relationship with you, in particular for successfully providing the Services to you. Beyond that, your data will not be used without your prior consent, in particular not for advertising purposes. Non-personal data may be collected automatically to offer you first-class service, especially to facilitate and improve the provision of software updates, Support, Content and other services to Subscriber.
8. DATA PROTECTION. Each party shall comply with its respective obligations under applicable data protection laws (DPL). Neither party shall do any act that puts the other party in breach of its obligations as per this Section, nor shall anything in this Agreement be deemed to prevent any party from taking any action it reasonably deems necessary to comply with DPL. Subscriber agrees that during the course of this Agreement: (i) in respect of data Subscriber collects, accesses or otherwise uses, Subscriber alone shall determine the purposes for which and the manner in which personal data is, or will be, processed; (ii) Subscriber is the data controller in respect of all personal data Subscriber may process; and (iii) Subscriber consents and, in the event Subscriber processes any third party data, has obtained the consent from such third party, to send its personal data to Digital Rebellion.
The Services may process, store, and transfer your data in the United States, Europe, and any other location where Digital Rebellion or its third-party service providers maintain facilities. We may process, store and transfer your data and/or personal information on a server located outside the country where you live. By using the Services you consent to this processing, storage, and transfer of your data and/or personal information outside of your own country.
Digital Rebellion agrees that, with Subscriber’s express consent, it is the data processor in respect of the personal data processed as provided by Subscriber. Subscriber warrants and undertakes that any instructions given by Subscriber to Digital Rebellion will at all times be in accordance with the requirements of DPL. Subscriber shall fully indemnify Digital Rebellion against any loss, damages, liability and costs (including attorneys fees) incurred by Digital Rebellion as a result of any breach of DPL by Subscriber.
Digital Rebellion shall comply with requests for information from legitimate judicial, legal or regulatory authorities or pursuant to any court order or a subpoena, discovery request or other lawful process that Digital Rebellion receives. Digital Rebellion may comply with these subpoenas or court orders with or without notice to Subscriber.
9. RESTRICTIONS. Except as otherwise expressly provided under this Agreement, Subscriber shall have no right and Subscriber shall not permit any third party to: (i) harm, disrupt or otherwise engage in activity that diminishes the Digital Rebellion brand, Services, or Infrastructure; (ii) use the Services in a manner that results in excessive bandwidth or storage or exceeds the Permitted Usage, as solely determined by Digital Rebellion, (iii) transfer, assign or sublicense the limited rights granted to Subscriber in this Agreement to any other person, or entity, or use the Services other than as authorized; any such attempted transfer, assignment, sublicense or unauthorized use shall be void; (iv) make error corrections to or otherwise modify or adapt the Services or decompile, decrypt, disassemble, reverse engineer or attempt to reconstruct or discover any source code or underlying ideas, algorithms, file formats or programming or interoperability interfaces of the Services or of any files contained or generated using the Services by any means whatsoever or otherwise reduce the Services to human-readable form, except to the minimum extent expressly permitted under applicable law notwithstanding this restriction; (v) use or permit the Services to be used to perform services for third parties, whether on a service bureau or time sharing basis or otherwise, without the express written authorization of Digital Rebellion; or (vi) attempt to alter, circumvent or provide the method or means to circumvent any disabling mechanism in the Services; or (vii) use the Services in any manner not expressly authorized herein; or (viii) alter, remove or fail to reproduce any proprietary notices from the Services; or (ix) misrepresent any person or entities identity, impersonate any person or attempt to gain access to any Account, the Infrastructure or the networks or property of any third person, without authorization.
10. SERVICE UPDATES. Some Services require, for optimum use and Digital Rebellion may provide to Subscriber, in a number of formats (feeds, definition files etc.), content that is automatically synchronized or updated from time to time with Digital Rebellion's servers or systems (Content). Such content may be provided for a limited time, from time to time, in accordance with an applicable Service. Subscriber consents that the respective Service will automatically contact Digital Rebellion to receive Content and, in addition, if and when any of the following events occur: (i) the Service is successfully installed by Subscriber; (ii) Subscriber fails to install the Service successfully; (iii) the Service has been successfully configured and / or (v) the Service is uninstalled. Subscriber acknowledges and consents that any data collected may be sent to any Digital Rebellion office in locations, depending on location of Subscriber, throughout the USA or the European Union in accordance with the provisions of section 8.You may be required to download Software and the Services may automatically update the Software installed on any Device when a new version is available.
11. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS: The Services are protected by world-wide copyright, trademark, patent and other intellectual property laws and treaties and belong to Digital Rebellion and its licensors. Subscriber acknowledges that (i) rights in the Services are licensed (not sold) to Subscriber, and (ii) that Subscriber shall have no rights or title in, or to, the Services other than the right to use them in accordance with the terms of this Agreement and (iii) Open Source and / or third-party software may be incorporated into the Services. Digital Rebellion, its licensors and any applicable third parties, own all title, copyright, and other intellectual property rights in and to the Services. The Services, in all formats existing, are a trade secret of and proprietary to Digital Rebellion, its suppliers and / or licensors, including but not limited to, the specific internal code, design and structure of individual programs and software, the display and associated interface information. Subscriber shall not disclose the confidential aspects of the Services to third parties.
12. THIRD PARTY COMPONENTS; OPEN SOURCE. Part of the Services may incorporate third party proprietary software and / or services. If and to the extent such third party services or software are an integral part of the Services, such third parties shall be deemed Digital Rebellion Agents and the terms of this Agreement shall apply to such Digital Rebellion Agents. If and to the extent Subscriber contracts independently with independent third parties, the terms of such third party contract shall apply to the relationship between Subscriber and such independent contractor and Digital Rebellion shall have no liability in respect thereof. In addition, part of the Services may incorporate and consist of third party open source software (Open Source), which Subscriber may use under the terms and conditions of the specific license under which the open source software is distributed. Subscriber agrees that Subscriber will be bound by any and all such license agreements. Title to software remains with the applicable licensor(s). Any Open Source provided with or contained in the Services is provided AS IS and without any warranty of any kind.
13. BETA TESTING. Beta versions of Services may be provided to Subscriber. If and to the extent such beta versions are provided to Subscriber, they are provided without warranty of any kind, AS IS and subject to the Confidentiality conditions above. Such provision is done only for the purpose of assisting Digital Rebellion with testing functionality or compatibility and on the express condition that Subscriber provides Digital Rebellion with truthful, accurate and complete feedback, comments, and analysis in whatever format Subscriber may wish (Contribution). Subscriber expressly acknowledges that Subscriber participation in any beta testing is undertaken by Subscriber on a volunteer basis and that Subscriber shall have no right in the beta Services or Contribution, whether in original form (as provided to Subscriber) or in respect of any derivative work (whether or not based upon, in whole or in part, on any participation or feedback Subscriber may make). Notwithstanding the foregoing, Subscriber agrees to grant to Digital Rebellion a royalty free, perpetual, transferable license to commercially use and sub-license in Digital Rebellion’s sole discretion, any and all Contributions.
15. LIMITED WARRANTY.
THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED TO SUBSCRIBER ON AN AS IS AVAILABLE BASIS. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THIS WARRANTY AND THE REMEDIES HEREIN ARE EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES AND REMEDIES, WHETHER ORAL, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY, WARRANTIES FOR LATENT OR HIDDEN DEFECTS. DIGITAL REBELLION DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SPECIFICATIONS OR FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE SERVICES WILL MEET SUBSCRIBER’S REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SERVICES WILL BE CORRECTED. FURTHERMORE, DIGITAL REBELLION DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE SERVICES PROVIDED IN RESPECT OF ITS CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. IF THIS EXCLUSION IS NOT PERMITTED BY LAW, DIGITAL REBELLION LIMITS ANY EXPRESS, STATUTORY OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES AS TO DURATION TO THE EXTENT OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY AND THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT REMEDY AS DETERMINED BY DIGITAL REBELLION IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION.
16. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER ANY REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE, IN NO EVENT WILL DIGITAL REBELLION OR ITS LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, OR SIMILAR DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY LOST PROFITS OR LOST DATA ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE EVEN IF DIGITAL REBELLION HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
IN NO CASE SHALL DIGITAL REBELLION’S OR ITS LICENSORS’ LIABILITY EXCEED THE ACTUAL PRICE PAID BY SUBSCRIBER FOR THE RESPECTIVE SERVICE FOR THE TWELVE MONTH PERIOD PRIOR TO THE DATE WHEN THE APPLICABLE CLAIM AROSE. The disclaimers and limitations set forth above will apply regardless of whether You accept the Software.
17. INDEMNIFICATION. Subscriber agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold Digital Rebellion and the Digital Rebellion Agents, harmless from and against any and all damages, fines, penalties, assessments, liabilities, losses, costs and expenses (including attorneys fees, expert fees and out-of-pocket expenses) in connection with (i) Subscriber's use of the Services, (ii) Subscriber's violation of the terms of this Agreement, (iii) Subscriber's violation of any third-party rights, including any intellectual property rights, (iv) Subscriber's misuse or fraudulent use of credit and debit cards, (v) any claims that the Services or any party thereof were exported or otherwise shipped or transported by Subscriber in violation of applicable laws, rules and regulations, or (vi) any claim of misuse of the Services, including but not limited to any claim that Subscriber is storing illegal files or data in its Account.
18. EFFECT OF TERMINATION. Without prejudice to any other rights, Digital Rebellion may suspend or terminate, in part or in whole, without notice, Subscriber's use of the Services and this Agreement if Subscriber does not abide by its terms, in which case Subscriber must cease all use of the Services, destroy all copies (including any components) of the Services, or, at Digital Rebellion’s request, return such copies to Digital Rebellion. Sections 5, 6, 8, 9, 11, 15, 16, 17, 19 and 25 shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
20. GOVERNING LAW. This Agreement shall be governed by, subject to and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, excluding its conflict of laws provisions and the parties unconditionally and irrevocably consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in California.
21. EXPORT CONTROLS. Subscriber agrees that the Services will not be used, shipped, transferred or exported into any country or to anyone: (i) which the EU or UN has embargoed goods; (ii) where the national legislation of the relevant EU Member State has embargoed goods; (iii) listed in any enacted Common Position on restrictive measures imposed by the EU; (iv) on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department's Table of Deny Orders; or (v) in any manner prohibited by the EU Common Foreign and Security Policy, the United States Export Administration Act, or any other export laws or regulations. By using the Services, Subscriber represents that Subscriber is not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list and Subscriber takes full and sole responsibility for such use.
22. TAXES. Any sales, use, value added or other taxes (including applicable withholding taxes), shall be borne by the Subscriber. Accordingly, Subscriber shall pay or (if paid by Digital Rebellion) reimburse Digital Rebellion for all such taxes based on this License or any fees payable hereunder (but not any taxes based upon Digital Rebellion's revenues or income), together with any interest on such taxes if not due to Digital Rebellion's delay.
23. U.S. GOVERNMENT RIGHTS. If Subscriber is obtaining Software on behalf of any part of the United States Government, the Software and any documentation shall be deemed "Commercial Off the Shelf Software" and "Commercial Computer Software Documentation," respectively, pursuant to DFAR Section 227.7202 and FAR 12.212 and 52.227-19, as applicable. Any use, modification, revision, release, performance, display or disclosure of the Software shall be governed solely by the terms of this Agreement.
24. EQUITABLE RELIEF. The parties agree that irreparable damage would occur if any provision of this Agreement were not performed in accordance with the terms hereof and that the parties shall be entitled to equitable relief, including injunctive relief or specific performance of the terms hereof (without any requirement to post bond or guarantee), in addition to any other remedy to which they are entitled at law or in equity.
25. MISCELLANEOUS. The delay or failure of either party to exercise any right provided in this Agreement shall not be deemed a waiver.This Agreement: (i) may not be amended by Subscriber, but Digital Rebellion may amend this Agreement from time to time and shall post any amended Agreement on its website at www.kollaborate.tv, (ii) constitutes the entire understanding between the parties with respect to the subject matter of this Agreement and supersedes all written and oral prior agreements, negotiations and discussions between the parties relating to it, and (iii) is for the sole benefit of Digital Rebellion and Subscriber and nothing herein, express or implied, is intended to or shall confer upon any other person or entity any legal or equitable right, benefit or remedy of any nature whatsoever under or by reason of this Agreement. If any provision of this Agreement shall be held to be illegal, void or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction or arbitral tribunal, such provision shall be of no force and effect and shall not impair the enforceability of any other provision of this Agreement and the parties agree that the relevant provision shall be deemed replaced by such provision which is binding and enforceable and which differs as little as possible from the non-binding and/or non-enforceable provision, taking into effect the object and purpose of this Agreement. The remedies of the parties under this Agreement are cumulative and will not exclude any other remedies to which the respective party may be lawfully entitled. Subscriber may not assign, pledge or otherwise transfer this agreement, nor any rights or obligations hereunder in whole or in part to any entity. Paragraph headings are for convenience and shall have no effect on interpretation.