Digital Rebellion, LLC ("we / us") respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy does not apply to information collected on any third-party site or by any third-party application that may link to or be accessible from the Services.
Who we are
Digital Rebellion LLC is a California-registered company in business since 2007. We provide software and cloud services to companies and individuals in the entertainment industry.
You can contact us via our contact form.
Information we collect about you
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Services, including: information you provide to us, that we collect as you navigate through the Services, traffic and location data, IP addresses, usage details through the use of certain technologies, including cookies, as well as information we receive from third parties, for example, our business partners - whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise, and the resources that you access.
We only collect information to provide services to you; we don't sell your information or profile your activity for marketing purposes.
Information you provide to us
We may collect and use the following information that you provide to us:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Services. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Services, subscribing to our services, posting material or requesting further services or information. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Services.
- Temporary technical information at the point of signup (such as IP addresses) in order to prevent abuse. This data is automatically deleted after a few days.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Services and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Services.
- Information or files you voluntarily send us for troubleshooting purposes in order to resolve a problem. These files will be deleted after they are no longer needed.
- Our desktop software may collect additional information about your system, its configuration and how you use our Services in order to improve them. This collection does not happen by default and only occurs on an opt-in basis.
- Our servers may scan files you upload in order to determine the file type and how best to display the file. They may also scan the file contents to gather metadata to make the file easier for you to search for. This is entirely automated and no human being is involved in this process.
Some personal information we request is optional and our Services make clear where such information is not compulsory to disclose.
Uses made of the information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, in the following ways:
- To present our Services and their contents in a suitable and effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To carry out our obligations, process and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To understand how our Services are used and how they may be improved.
We do not pass your information on to third parties, nor does purchasing a product or service result in you being signed up to a mailing list without your consent. However, we may contact you to notify you of important changes that directly affect usage of our products and services.
Data sharing between Services
We operate multiple Services and we may share data between these Services in order to deliver a more seamless experience to you. For instance, we may share account information between Services so you can log into multiple Services with the same account. We will only share this information with Services we own and operate.
Like the vast majority of Services providers, we collect details of your visits to our Services. We only collect aggregate information, such as, for example, traffic data, logs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own contractual purposes or otherwise. The information we collect concerns the resources that you access, information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration purposes and troubleshooting.
The information we collect is merely statistical data about our users' equipment, browsing actions and patterns and does not and cannot identify any individual.
We use third-party analytics services to understand how our Services are used in order to improve them. These services may be blocked with third-party browser plugins without affecting the functionality of our Services.
Uploading User Contributions to our Services does not grant us ownership of the Contributions and all rights are retained by the original owner. We will not sell or monetize the Contributions you provide, nor pass them on to third parties.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties to:
- Comply with any court order or other legal obligation.
- Protect the rights, property, or safety of Digital Rebellion LLC, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We will never disclose your information to third parties for marketing purposes.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone, nor will we ever contact you to request your password.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
We have implemented technical measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers behind firewalls. Staff that may encounter user data in the course of their duties are required to sign non-disclosure agreements.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Services. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Services.
Note that payment information goes straight to our payment provider without touching our servers. We therefore do not store or process your financial information on any part of our site.
In the case of a data breach, we will notify relevant parties and authorities as soon as we become aware of it.
Your key rights under data protection law are:
- the right to access
- the right to rectification
- the right to erasure
- the right to restrict processing
- the right to object to processing
- the right to data portability
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority
- the right to withdraw consent
You have full control of your data and you may contact us at any time to request that your data be updated, anonymized (replaced with generic data) or deleted entirely. Your data will be updated or removed from our servers within three business days of your request. Please be aware that after we update or delete data it may still remain in your browser's cache or on a third-party caching server for a limited time until the cache is cleared.
Our Services have built-in features that allow you to export most data externally but we can provide the entirety of your data upon request. Please allow up to seven working days for this, depending on the amount of data you have stored on our Services.
Compliance with EU data protection laws
We comply with EU data protection laws for customers located in the European Union. The right to be forgotten means that if you upload photos or videos of people, those people have the right to request we remove those files if they so desire. We will comply with valid removal requests for requesters based in the EU.